Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Slow-Cooker Chicken and Dumplings




8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 tablespoons butter
1 large family size can cream of chicken soup (you can use lowfat)
2 (10.75 ounce ) can of cream of celery soup
1 med onion, finely diced (I use dry minced onion)
2 teaspoons minced garlic (I use garlic salt as a substitute)
4 teaspoons dried parsley or basil
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (or cumin)
pepper to taste
2 cans mixed peas and carrots
1-2 cans chicken broth (I added water to cover chicken, then added 3 chicken bouillon cubes)
2-3 (10 ounce) package of refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces



DIRECTIONS
Place the chicken, butter, soup, onion, garlic, poultry seasoning, pepper and parsley in a slow cooker, and fill with enough chicken broth (or water) to cover.
Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. ( I cooked for 8 and made bisquits in the oven). About fours hours into it place peas/carrots and the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cover and cook another two hours...

* I cook the bisquits in the oven when the chicken is done and serve it over the bisquits warm.

* Because I cook bisquits seperately, I shred chicken and add it back into the crockpot.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...