Friday, April 29, 2011

Tuna and Chips Casserole

Tuna and Chips

So easy. So fast. My kids grew up with this casserole, maybe because I did too. I used to watch my mom make this and so I just tried to repeat it when I left home. Not sure if this is a true recipe but this is how we make it:

Into a large mixing bowl, (x-tra large, really) mix 3 cans of cream of celery soup, 1 can milk, 1 large and 1 small cans drained tuna fish and about 2 cups crushed potato chips. Oh yeah, not to forget, 1 can drained peas. Salt and pepper to taste.


Mix it all together so it looks like this...so yummy, right? Not!


Then, add a large strainer full of elbow macaroni, cooked. I used about 1/2 of a 48 ounce box of noodles. I then decided it was about 2 cooked cups too many and took them out.


When mixed all together, put in a large 9x13. The kind you use for lasagna.


Crush another cup or two of potato chips and sprinkle on top of casserole.


Cook uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Chips will be ever-so-lightly browned. Even if you don't enjoy.....your kids will!

The recipe without pics.

3 cans cream of celery
1 soup can milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 lge, 1 sm can drained tuna
1 can drained peas
11 ounce bag potato chips, crushed
about 24 ounces of elbow macaroni, cooked

Mix soup and milk, salt and pepper. Add tuna, peas, 2 cups chips and macaroni. Pour into 9x13. Spread with 1 cup more of the crushed chips. Cook, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...